What we do
Age Concern Birmingham is a charity that is dedicated to providing a high quality service and has at its heart key values that it operates by. We have highlighted our mission statement and core values.
Our Mission Statement
To excel in all our endeavours to meet the needs of older people and others in need
Our Values Statement
- Commit to safeguarding all vulnerable adults and children and promote their welfare and well being.
- Respect the dignity and individuality of all clients, service users, staff members and volunteers and value their knowledge, skills and experience.
- Provide and promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of our service and services, care and personal development. Diversity will be respected and welcomed, discrimination based on prejudice will not be accepted.
- Share in providing and maintaining a working environment, which is healthy, safe and secure.
- Commit to enhancing the environment and minimise any negative impact upon it.
- Involve and engage with our clients and staff in decisions that affect their lives or work by appropriate consultation. Our underlying principles will be those of empowerment and enablement to all older people, our staff and to others with whom we come into contact.
- Manage our resources with a shared responsibility to be prudent in the use of time and money and the resources contributed by our trustees, staff and volunteers.
- Encourage a climate of open debate and discussion but will uphold the principle of confidentiality for all clients, volunteers and staff.
- Encourage the sharing of good practice and the development of knowledge, skills and potential and will respect professional standards.
- Each have a personal responsibility to be sensitive to the consequences of our actions on other people. Intimidation, verbal or physical abuse will never be accepted.
- Deliver high quality services to meet identified needs and work together in teams and partnerships with other organisations when this will add value to the work we do.
- Celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes. We have a shared responsibility to continue to learn and improve as individuals and as an organisation.
- Creating development opportunities that respond positively to life changes and people’s needs.
Home We Make A Difference
Our Community Centres
Hawkesley Community Centre, situated in Kings Norton is open 7 days a week and offers a diverse range of activities, ranging from arts and crafts to martial arts. We have spacious rooms for rent at competitive prices and are always looking to accommodate new activities.
Dance Tutors/Exercise Tutors we need you! Looking to start a new class in Kings Norton, we have space available. Why not drop in or give us a call on 0121 399 0122.
For a detailed programme of activities currently taking place please look at our Facebook page.
Age Concern Birmingham is only able to provide the comprehensive range of services it offers in the community thanks to the dedication and skill of our staff.
From our volunteers to senior managers we are all dedicated to ensuring we improve the quality of life for older people across Birmingham. Below are some of our team that is responsible for the delivery of Age Concern Birmingham’s services.
See more staff members using the dots below:
The donation that doesn’t cost you a thing
Age Concern Birmingham have teamed up with advant~age a dedicated social enterprise, to offer products and services that make a donation to our charity once purchased.
As an Age Concern Birmingham supporter you can raise money as you buy products and services; from flowers to energy to financial services and many more. For each purchase a donation is made from the provider to us– so the donation comes at no additional cost to you.
Working with advant~age, Age Concern Birmingham can signpost you to products and services which are extremely competitive and all come from reputable providers who have been selected due to their ability to provide you with an excellent service.
For example; are you renewing your energy? If you buy your energy through advant~age, not only will you receive a competitive product but Age Concern Birmingham also receives a donation.