Neighbourhood Networker (Community Development)
15 hours per week flexible to be agreed
£11.33 per hour (£8839.04 per annum)
Based in Sutton Coldfield
Contract 15 months (to 31/3/2021)
We are looking for a team member to join us in delivering the Neighbourhood Network Scheme within the Sutton Constituency in partnership with Compass Support, linking older adults, carers, community and statutory organisations to NNS; working together with other stakeholders, to achieve a joined up social care experience for older adults; to support the development of better cross-sector partnership working between the statutory, voluntary, community and social enterprise sectors and to work with local community groups to build capacity and develop the local community offer for people aged 50+.
- To provide a high quality and responsive service to all stakeholders involved in the Neighbourhood Network Scheme under the direct of the manager.
- To support effective communication between Age Concern Birmingham and Compass Support in the delivery of the Neighbourhood Network Scheme tasks, targets and outcomes.
- To develop good working relationships with statutory, voluntary and community groups.
- To build relationships with the local social work team and other key stakeholders, including the NHS, Emergency Services and Housing Providers in the Sutton Coldfield Constituency.
- To work with local social work teams to identify gaps in the community offer and provision for people aged 50+.
- Offer advice and support to social work teams, community assets, older adults and carers through face to face, telephone and email contact.
- Work as part of a team, attending meetings, briefings and representing Sutton Coldfield NNS.
- Undertake mapping, engagement and capacity building activities required to meet the agreed outcomes of the NNS.
- Deliver community events and capacity building workshops.
- Fully participate and engage with local monitoring and evaluation processes.
- To comply with Health and Safety arrangements and to act in accordance with the ACB Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- To work at all times within the Values and Mission Statements and the Diversity and Equality Policy of Age Concern Birmingham, together with all other agreed policies and procedures of the organisation, and to ensure that this applies to all volunteers as appropriate.
- To promote a positive image of Age Concern Birmingham at all times and to establish a professional and confidential working relationship with all members of staff, NNS team members, partners and other stakeholders
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Good general standard of education
- Knowledge of the Sutton Coldfield area
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills required
- Any other task required within the remit of the role.
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken for this role.
Age Concern Birmingham / Jubilee Citizens UK are committed to Safeguarding:
Promoting good practice and prevention of harm and abuse
To ensure allegations of abuse or suspicions are dealt with and the person experiencing abuse is supported
To apply please send you CV and a covering letter no later than 3rd January 2020 to Recruitment@ageconcernbirmingham.org.uk